Accommodation charge at Inclusio refers to the total amount residents pay per month (which includes your rent cost as well as other services (such as dining) offered in the building).
There are two rental structures at Inclusio – rent-geared-to-income (RGI), and rental units available at several price points. All units are affordable. Residents will be placed in units that most suit their income amount and source, and placements are subject to availability.
Rent-geared-to-income means that each person’s rent is roughly correlated to their income. Individuals with higher incomes pay higher accommodation charges; individuals with lower incomes will pay lower accommodation charges.
Each individual’s income will be assessed, and placed in an income band (i.e. $20,000 – $22,000 annual income) with an associated rent cost. Rent costs for RGI units are approximately 70% of individual gross income (dividing gross income by 12 months, and multiplying by 0.7).
We know that not all residents at Inclusio will have the same income, for many different reasons. To make sure we are able to operate the building successfully, a minimum rent is required. Individuals whose income is below AISH (currently $1,588 monthly) will be required to pay a minimum accommodation charge. The minimum accommodation charge is $1,112. This is based on 70% of AISH.
At Inclusio, your rent will be called an “accommodation charge” – which will include:
- Living in one of Inclusio’s unfurnished units, including a private washroom, kitchenette, digital technology and preferred location in beautiful Capitol Hill
- Basic household supplies, including: hand soap, dish detergent, toilet paper, paper towel, laundry detergent, and vinyl gloves for care
- Dining services, including continental breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Basic utilities (water, electricity etc.)
- Availability of 24/7 care, delivered by Accessible Housing staff and Home Care staff
- Access to other supports such as case management
Accommodation charges do not cover the following additional items:
- Parking (see more information below)
Learn more on the Frequently Asked Questions page.