The accommodation charge at Inclusio is based on a ‘rent-geared-to-income’ (RGI) model calculated at 70% of total individual income, less all applicable taxes and payroll deductions for employment income where applicable, subject to a minimum accommodation charge of 70% of AISH.
Total individual income is defined as current, regular income earned from a variety of sources including employment, social assistance, monthly insurance payments, Canada pension plan, AISH, old age benefits, income security benefits, investment income, etc.
All residents at Inclusio have their income assessed, and individuals with higher incomes pay higher accommodation charges while individuals with lower incomes pay lower accommodation charges.
The accommodation charge covers:
1. The rental of an unfurnished suite with a private washroom and kitchenette
2. Access to the variety of services and supports provided at Inclusio, which include:
- Dining services – breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Basic utilities (water, electricity and gas.)
- Basic cable TV and Wi-Fi
- Basic household supplies including hand soap, dish detergent, toilet paper, paper towel, laundry detergent, and vinyl gloves for care
- 24/7 care delivered by Accessible Housing staff and Home Care staff
- Case management supports
- Recreational activities supports
The Accommodation charge does not cover the cost of Parkade Parking
Learn more on the Frequently Asked Questions page.