The following are the eligibility criteria for living at Inclusio.
Residents at Inclusio:
Age: Are over the age of 18
Income: Earn less than $46,000 in annual gross individual income.
Living in Community
- Are interested in living in a congregate living environment.
- Are respectful in their interaction with other residents and staff
- Participate in regular reviews of service plans, assessments and care plans
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies pertaining to the health, sanitation and safety of other residents and staff
- Do not have any unresolved legal issues that involve any potentially dangerous or criminal behaviours
- Are motivated towards personal growth and/or acquiring the skills necessary to maximize independence
- Have limited mobility due to a permanent, congenital or acquired physical disability.
- Regularly use a prescribed mobility aid, safely and independently
- Do not have a history of falls leading to significant injuries, that cannot be managed on an ongoing basis
- Are medically stable and do not require constant, 24/7 medical interventions that cannot be supported by AHS Home Care
- Have no significant memory / cognitive impairment (Dementia, Alzheimer’s), and are able to be their own decision-makers and manage their own personal affairs
- Do not require regular nursing interventions (i.e. PICC lines, IVs, complex wound care).
- Do not experience seizures
- Do not have significant swallowing problems which would pose a choking risk or require a modified diet (i.e. thickened fluids or puree)
- Are able to manage the process of administering their medication – either on their own as prescribed by their physician or be willing to engage in a medication administration program developed by either AHS Home Care or Accessible Housing
- Do not present with behavioural issues and are able to reasonably manage any mental health conditions and/or substance dependencies
- Take responsibility to ensure they receive proper medical care as required, and all medical recommendations are followed
- Require some degree of support around activities of daily living (bathing, toileting, clothing, grooming, meal assistance) and personal care assistance
- Have a local physician who provide their medical history prior to admission into Inclusio and on an annual basis as required
Learn about the Accommodation Charge.