The following are the eligibility criteria for living at Inclusio.
Residents at Inclusio
Age: Are over the age of 18
Living in Community
- Are interested in living in a congregate living environment.
- Are respectful in their interaction with other residents and staff
- Participate in regular reviews of service plans, assessments and care plans
- Comply with all laws, regulations and policies pertaining to the health, sanitation and safety of other residents and staff
- Do not have any unresolved legal issues that involve any potentially dangerous or criminal behaviours
- Are motivated towards personal growth and/or acquiring the skills necessary to maximize independence
- Have limited mobility due to a permanent, congenital or acquired physical disability.
- Regularly use a prescribed mobility aid, safely and independently
- Do not have a history of falls leading to significant injuries, that cannot be managed on an ongoing basis
- Are medically stable and do not require constant, 24/7 medical interventions that cannot be supported by AHS Home Care
- Have no significant memory / cognitive impairment (Dementia, Alzheimer’s), and are able to be their own decision-makers and manage their own personal affairs
- Do not experience seizures
- Do not have significant swallowing problems which would pose a choking risk or require a modified diet (i.e. thickened fluids or puree)
- Are able to manage the process of administering their medication – either on their own as prescribed by their physician or be willing to engage in a medication administration program developed by either AHS Home Care or Accessible Housing
- Do not present with behavioural issues and are able to reasonably manage any mental health conditions and/or substance dependencies
- Take responsibility to ensure they receive proper medical care as required, and all medical recommendations are followed
- Require some degree of support around activities of daily living (bathing, toileting, clothing, grooming, meal assistance) and personal care assistance
- Have a local physician who provide their medical history prior to admission into Inclusio and on an annual basis as required
Get More Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Inclusio Virtual Tour
In 2021 Rick Hansen Foundation assessed Inclusio and was rated 88% – making it the first and only multi-unit residential building in Canada to receive RHF Gold Certification level for high standards of accessibility.